John Faure, master breeder of the Vergenoegd Indian Runner Ducks and geese, recently entered the Western Cape Poultry Club Show 2016, the oldest poultry club in the country. Results were pretty one-sided as John blew his competition out of the water.
Hosted at Klein Plasie in Worcester, John (who introduced Indian Runner Ducks as effective pest control to the vineyards of Vergenoegd in 1983) entered 22 ducks and 16 geese. Competition was stiff as John competed against 6 other exhibitors who entered a combined total of 82 ducks, 29 geese and 1499 chickens! Results show a clean sweep (with the exception of the Crested Ducks).
Ducks entered and achievements:
– Bali ducks (best and reserve best on show)
– Call ducks (best and reserve best on show)
– Crested ducks (reserve best on show)
– Runner ducks (best and reserve best on show)
Geese entered and achievements:
– American Buff geese (best and reserve best on show)
– Chinese geese (best and reserve best on show and champion waterfowl on show)
– Embden geese (best and reserve best on show)
– Sebastopol geese (best and reserve best on show)
– Toulouse geese (best and reserve best on show)
We’re ecstatic and proud of John’s successes! Our ducks and geese are not only hard workers, they’re great models as well! The next show will be held next year June and we’re confident that the trophy will once again remain at Vergenoegd!
We here at Vergenoegd cannot wait to meet you and our ducks will be pretty excited too! To find out more about all we have to offer, feel free to contact us.
HOURS OF TRADE: Mon - Tues: 8am - 5pm Wed - Sun: 8pm - 8:30pmVISIT US: Baden Powell Drive, Faure, Stellenbosch, 7131
If you wish to contact us, but find that our landline is engaged, please feel free to call our cellphone number: +27 (0) 63 629 3629.